Having a turbocharger in your vehicle can help you get that burst of speed and acceleration that gives you a more exciting driving experience all while getting better mileage and fewer emissions. Some vehicles have their turbochargers installed right from the factory by the manufacturer while some people choose to have their engines turbocharged by installing one by themselves. A Cummins turbo is a very good option for your engine, it is reliable and delivers optimum performance all the time.
How to better manage a turbocharged engine.
An engine that has a turbocharger installed would naturally be driven differently from a naturally aspirated engine due to its added advantages. It is, therefore, very important to know how these devices and know how they can be properly maintained to continually get the performance that you require from your engine. Some ways a turbocharged engine can be maintained are:
- After a long drive, it is important not to rev the engine before switching it off, as this can cause the turbos to spin and remain spinning even after the engine has been switched off. This action if unnecessarily repeated can cause a strain on the device and eventually failure of the machine. It is therefore important that you run the engine for sometime before turning it off.
- When driving a turbocharged engine, it is important that you don’t depend on your turbo for normal driving, over-reliance on the turbocharger for power can cause damage and wear, you should use the gears for increasing the performance of your engine while being in the best possible rev range.
- Oil due to its level of viscosity has natural property of thickening when the engine is cold, it is, therefore important to warm up your engine, to make sure the oil circulates round the engine and turbo properly. If you happen to live in a cold climate, you should form the habit of warming up your engine by running it for at least ten minutes, this would allow the to oil reach all the needed places and reduce wear and tear.
- Engine maintenance goes a long way to ensuring your engines’ optimum performance and longevity. Just as with a naturally aspirated engine, a turbocharged engine also requires regular maintenance. Lubrication is very important, so much so that some turbos have a dedicated oil chamber, it is also helpful to a turbocharged engine if an oil change is performed at 5,000 miles (8,046.72 km) intervals.
- Synthetic oils are very helpful to keep the turbos spinning efficiently, also, if you have the intention of fitting a Cummins turbo into your engine, it is important that you get professional help to adjust engine management systems as well as install gauges that allow you to measure the boost pressure.
The technology used in making modern cars with their turbocharged engines, do not have the issues that may plague engines that had turbos installed by the owner, this because the engine has been designed from the ground up to work with the turbos. Some engines may have 2 turbos with some can have a turbocharger and supercharger all in one engine.
How do I install a Cummins turbocharger in my engine?
Cummins turbo is a very good option to install in your engine, they have high performance and cost-effective. If you want a Cummins turbo in Los Angeles, visit samperioturbo.com, for all your turbo installation needs with after-sales service support.
Cummins turbo Los Angeles
Samperio Turbo Rebuild
16534 Ceres Avenue #5
View Larger Map